Your treatment for hearing loss depends on your diagnosis. The Hearing Professionals staff will work with you to determine the best plan for improving your hearing.
How We Help People with Hearing Loss
So, you've realized you have a hearing problem. Now what should you do about it?
After determining the exact nature of your hearing loss, we’ll review the results of your diagnosis with you and present various solutions, such as hearing aids or other assistive listening devices. If necessary, one of our hearing specialists will discuss your lifestyle and the way hearing aids perform so the hearing aid you choose will meet your personal, cosmetic and functional needs.
Once we’ve chosen the instrument best suited for you, we’ll take the following steps:
- We may take an exact impression of your ear to provide a custom-fitted, In-the-Ear instrument, or an ear mold for a Behind-the-Ear instrument. A soft, putty-like material will be inserted into your ear canal and will fill up the outer portion of your ear. The impression is then sent to the hearing aid manufacturer to create a custom fit.
- You’ll make an appointment to return for your initial fitting. We’ll program the hearing aid to provide the appropriate volume and tonal quality for your hearing condition.
- After demonstrating how to insert, use and take care of your new instrument, we’ll review your listening needs and expectations together.
- We’ll give you written material about your new instrument so you know what to expect.
- A follow-up appointment may be scheduled to monitor your progress and discuss your experiences. If necessary, we can adjust the settings on the instruments as you become used to hearing things more clearly.
- You can arrange additional follow-up appointments to address your personal needs, your adjustment to the new amplification, and to evaluate your overall satisfaction.
In addition to receiving a complete diagnostic hearing evaluation and hearing aid instruments, we can also provide: